Business Administration, Hospitality and Individual Support (Ageing) are just some of the courses that can now be accessed at TAFE NSW Nyngan thanks to an innovative course delivery method to regional and remote communities in Western NSW.
TAFE Western Connect combines a mixture of practical, hands-on learning in Nyngan and theoretical training in classrooms connected by video conferencing technology.
Historically some courses might not have progressed due to low class sizes. TAFE Western Connect taps into classes across Western NSW to ensure that students, regardless of their location, can study the course of their choice.
Deputy Regional General Manager, Adam Bennett said TAFE NSW is continuing to invest in the latest courses and technology to address the skills local students need to pursue employment and higher learning opportunities.
"This is an example of how Australia's largest training provider responds to the skills needs of the communities that it serves by delivering innovative learning solutions," he said.
"What is so exciting about these courses is they are responsive, focused on job readiness and tailored to industry needs to ensure that our students have the right skills for the career they want.
"There has never been a better time to study with TAFE NSW where students can access convenient and practical training right here in Nyngan."
Courses now available in Nyngan include:
- Statement of Attainment in MYOB Essentials Pack
- Certificate III in Education Support
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Statement of Attainment in Food Safety Supervision
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Certificate III in Tourism
- Certificate III in Workplace, Health and Safety
For more information on all TAFE Western Connect courses visit www.tafensw.edu.au or phone 131 601.