Group 11: Nyngan Tigers salvage 10-all draw with Macquarie Raiders

It was a game that was "boring" at times and left all involved feeling a little "stale" but there was no doubt the finish to Sunday's Group 11 clash at Larkin Oval was a thrilling one.

The Nyngan Tigers and Macquarie Raiders shared the points in Saturday's battle after Daryl Cubby landed a penalty from 40m out for the hosts after the full-time siren.

The Tigers had been up 8-0 at one stage early in the second half, but the Raiders fought their way back into the contest and a penalty goal of their own from Brody Chapman inside the final five minutes had them seemingly in control.

But right in the shadow's off full-time the Tigers were handed a penalty just inside enemy territory, and Cubby nailed it to ensure the match finished at 10-all.

"It's a funny feeling, a draw, it always is mixed emotions," injured Tigers coach Justin Carney said post-game.

"We didn't win, we didn't lose. Should we have been in that position? No. But we were and we came away with a point.

"The feeling is just kind of stale, but at the end of the day we came away with a point."

The result is the second draw Macquarie have had this season after things finished 34-all in the round one meeting with Narromine.

The Raiders went into Saturday's trip to Nyngan with confidence after downing Parkes in a best showing of the season last round, but they came up against a Tiger side spurred on by a massive home crowd.

The match was moved to the long weekend as Nyngan was hosting a reunion for the 1979 and 1989 sides.

The current Tigers' side was handed retro jumpers for the match by the former players, and it gave the hosts plenty of motivation.

Nyngan scored first through Cubby and he converted his own try to make it 6-0.

But that proved to be the only points in a half where both sides struggled to control proceedings to to errors and ill-discipline.

The Raiders were much-improved in the second stanza and only a fine effort from Josh Merritt stopped Dalton Medcalf crossing early on.

But 10 minutes into the second 40 the hosts were handed another penalty and Cubby's boot saw the lead grow to eight points.

But after the Tigers lost Sione Fakahua to injury the Raiders began to get on top again and soon scored through Kane McDermott.

Chapman's conversion was no good but the hard-working forward soon crashed over to level things up.

This time Troyden Dixon missed the conversion and while both sides had their chances there was no more points until the two late penalties.

"It was a boring game because of how solid it was I suppose," Carney added.

"But at the end of the day we've come away with a point. There's not a great thing you can say about that, and I'm sure they'll (Macquarie) be the same.

"It's a weird feeling, but there's no reason we can't enjoy the moment for the old boys day and we'll go from there."

Carney singled out Loma Atuau, Jacob Neill and veteran Justin Cox as his side's best while adding he should be right to return next round after a hamstring issue and also an eye injury.

The draw means the Tigers haven't won in a month, with three losses recorded before Saturday's game.

Both they and the Raiders have the bye next weekend.