The Nyngan Tigers have celebrated the end of the season in style hosting their presentation evening on Friday night.
Orange, black and white filled the club’s major sponsor, the Nyngan RSL club, as players, friends and family gathered together to cap off the football season.
Despite first grade suffering a tough season and other teams placing further down the ladder, players, committee members and supporters all agreed what a great year the 2018 season was.
Nyngan Tigers President Glen Neill re-capped the season and thanked the many committee members and volunteers who tirelessly dedicate their time to the club.
“We’re not where we thought we would be, but nonetheless we still had a great season, we were still competitive, we still did a fair bit better than a lot of other towns, and most importunately we’ll have a good night tonight,” Neill said.
Neill thanked individually the many people involved in the club, who run the canteen, work on the gate, work behind the bar, manage the teams, running raffles and doubles and more. He also went on to thank the coaches for their perseverance and commitment over the past year.
“To our coaches, Loans, Fisky, Tooley and Jacob thank you for the job that you’ve done though out the year.”
“It’s a pretty thank-less job and this has been one of those years where it was real tough going for everyone, but you all stuck it out and it’s a credit to the lot of you.”
The Tigers now look forward to the 2019 season, with Neill announcing the singing of former NRL and English Super League player Justin Carney to coach the Tigers next season.
MORE FROM THE TIGERS PRESENTATION NIGHT
Awards presented on the night:
- Player of the Year – James Fisk
- Club Encouragement Award – Terry Ryan
- Club’s Most Improved Player – Jackson Hedges
- Most Valuable Player – Jacob Neill
- Club person of the year – Justin Cox
- First Grade Best and Fairest – Benny Cokanasiga
LEAGUE TAG AWARDS
- Most Improved – Maddy Horo
- Coaches Award – Michelle Blake
- Players Player – Emma Teale
- Best and Fairest – Alahna Ryan
- Coaches Award – Laine McCellend
- Best Back – Sonny Knight
- Most Consistent forward – Tom Fuller
- Most Improved – Liam Wherrit
- Players Player – Terry Ryan
- Best and Fairest – Jak Jeffries and Terry Ryan
RESERVE GRADE AWARDS
- Most Improved – Liam Durrington
- Coaches Award – Zach Waterhouse and Simon Bartley
- Red Bradley Award for most consistent forwarad – Justin Cox
- Best Back – Robert Lane
- Players Player – Angus Currans
- Best and Fairest – Angus Currans
FIRST GRADE AWARDS
- Denise Ward trophy for best back – Josh Merritt
- Coaches Award – Adi Spicer
- Ron O’Neill Award for most consistent forward – James Fisk
- Players Player – James Fisk
- Most Improved – Jackson Hedges